An idea to sell cookies to our friends, with the goal to help low income families in Cali (Colombia), surpassed every expectation and resulted in the most rewarding experience of my life.
To date and with my brother’s help, I have baked and sold 12,123 cookies, raised over $15,000 and funded a week worth of food for ~2,700 individuals through Casa San Jose. That is an estimated 17,255 pounds of food purchased through HumanKIND cookie sales & donations.December 5, 2021
As our story continues to be shared, lots of different initiatives and partnerships are inspiring us every day. See highlights of how different people come together to help us help. Over $7K in donations in addition to our cookie sales through:
- #NObarefootchildren – GivingTuesday 2021
- A day at the Zoo with Cali’s families – Nov. 23, 2021
- Calzatodo + HCK Shoe Drive – September 2021
- Backpack Drive – August, 2021
- Art Contest & Partners – April 2021
- HumanKIND Together – Jan to July 2021
- HCK Match – December 2020
- Partners Delivering Joy – December 2020
- Extended Team – July 2020
Solidaridad en Marcha acknowledged the transfer of $50M pesos for Casa San Jose (HCK donations made through June to December, 2021)
The donations will support families in need with food packages. The community embraced by Casa San Jose includes Cali’s garbage recyclers, elders and other vulnerable families that are struggling during the pandemic.– 100% of the sales and donations
BEHIND THE SCENES
Lots of STORIES to share..